Summer Internship Program
We are an exciting and fast-paced philanthropic health foundation located in Warrenton, Virginia. In addition to group work and leadership development activities with the Foundation, we offer placement opportunities with local government and nonprofit organizations serving our community. These may include, but are not limited to:
Nonprofit/Government Agency Support – Diverse opportunities for interns to be placed with a local nonprofit or government organization partnered with the PATH Foundation.
Communications/Marketing – Intern will work with PATH Foundation staff on communications efforts and community outreach in support of Foundation and area nonprofits.
PATH Foundation Resource Center – Intern will work with Resource Center staff on initiatives supporting volunteer efforts and nonprofit engagement with area organizations.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- Real world knowledge of nonprofits, nonprofit capacity building and volunteer management.
- Hands on work with a variety of nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
- Participation in regular staff meetings, community events, and professional and leadership development activities.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be a rising junior or senior in a bachelor’s program, master’s degree program, or a recent graduate of an accredited academic institution. Previous PATH interns are ineligible to apply.
- All academic disciplines will be considered.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) preferred.
- Applicant must be motivated and organized.
- Priority will be given to applicants from our service area, including Fauquier, Rappahannock, and Culpeper Counties.
Schedule and Compensation:
- The internships will last 9 weeks, beginning Monday, June 3rd and ending Friday, August 2nd.
- Interns are expected to work 30 hours/week and allowed one week unpaid vacation.
- Compensation ranges between $12.50 to $14.50/hour depending on academic year.
Please submit the following to email@example.com by March 1, 2019:
- Cover Letter
- One Letter of Recommendation
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org