Leading Equity Work in Your Organization: A Panel Discussion
Is your organization looking to address issues of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion, but unsure where to start or what the next step should be?
You’re not alone, and we’re here to help!
Many of us are beginning to see more clearly the transformation of ourselves and our organizations that the principles of equity and justice require. There’s no perfect blueprint or roadmap for the work these principles require. But there are people who have—through commitment and courage—created more diverse, inclusive, and equitable nonprofit organizations. We’re bringing together experienced practitioners and consultants who have led and supported organizations along this kind of journey, so we can learn from them.
- Aleen Carey, Outreach and Resource Program Director, Cultivate Charlottesville (former Board Chair, City Schoolyard Gardens)
- Matthew Gibson, Executive Director, Virginia Humanities
- Andrea Mayfield, Cultural Humility and Programs Manager, The Women’s Initiative
- Ebony Walden, Ebony Walden Consulting
- Jonathan C. Zur, President and CEO, Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities (VCIC)
Intended audiences: Members of the organizational leadership, board and staff