The PATH Foundation enhances the health and vitality of our community.
Northern Culpeper County
Core Focus Areas
Access to Health
How did the PATH Foundation invest in our community last year?
Ongoing Support to Strengthen Area Nonprofits
PATH Resource Center
Helps nonprofits with governance, philanthropy, marketing, finance and engagement – including free monthly workshops!
PATH Volunteer Center
Matches volunteers with nonprofits using a convenient online tool – nearly 700 volunteer hours reported last year!
in 30+ Make It Happen! grants, including:
CADRE Lock Your Meds
Aimed to reduce the misuse of prescription and over-the-counter drugs by community youth.
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Preschool
Developed a WeatherBug station for unique outdoor learning opportunities.
Northern Piedmont Community Foundation
Raised public awareness to close the community health gap and work toward a more vital Piedmont.
Generation Fresh Foundation
Created Fresh Bucks, a youth health program that allows students to “shop” at the Warrenton Farmer’s Market.
Warrenton Middle School Musical Theater
Purchased a projector and additional materials to enhance school musicals, talent shows and other programming.
American Roots Revue Concert Series
Outfitted and promoted a five-concert series to celebrate diversity and shared musical traditions.
to Fauquier Free Clinic
Introduced a new tele-psychiatry service that allows people to access therapists through online video chat.
to Community Engagement
Includes matching gifts for the annual Give Local Piedmont Day. Sponsored by Northern Piedmont Community Foundation, this program educates high school students on giving back.
in Overall Investment in the Community
How else did the PATH Foundation help?
School Assemblies: Featuring Chris Herren
Welcomed former NBA player and subject of ESPN’s “Unguarded” documentary
Addressed 3,000+ students at Fauquier, Kettle Run and Liberty high schools
Spoke about overcoming drug addiction and shared advice about the importance of self worth
Scheduled 2018 assembles for additional schools in Fauquier, Rappahannock and Culpeper counties
Holiday Kindness Project
Initiated the 12 Days of Kindness, a series of free pop-up events and surprise gestures throughout the community. Activities included:
Free children’s books
Free roller skating
Overdue library book amnesty
Free gingerbread house decorating
Free WARF passes
Donations to area nonprofits
Free coffee, laundry and haircuts
2017 Summer Internship Program
Hosted nine college interns from Fauquier, Rappahannock and Culpeper counties
Paired interns with diverse range of community nonprofits
Helped interns develop leadership and project management skills through the “Linger Longer” pop-up demonstration
PATH Foundation Grantees
- Bluemont Concert Series
- Boys and Girls Club of Fauquier, Inc.
- Buchanan Hall
- Culpeper County
- Economic Development Authority of Fauquier County
- Fauquier CADRE
- Fauquier Community Child Care, Inc.
- Fauquier Community Food Bank and Thrift Store, Inc.
- Fauquier County Public Schools
- Fauquier Education Farm
- Fauquier Equestrian Forum
- Fauquier FISH
- Fauquier Free Clinic, Inc.
- Fauquier Habitat for Humanity
- Foothills Forum
- Friends of the Rappahannock
- Generation Fresh Foundation
- Girls on the Run Piedmont
- Headwaters Foundation
- Healthy Culpeper
- Highland School
- Hospice Support of Fauquier County
- Leadership Fauquier
- Local Energy Alliance Program
- M.M. Pierce Elementary School
- Marshall Middle School
- Mental Health Association of Fauquier County
- Northern Piedmont Community Foundation
- Our Saviour Lutheran Church
- Rappahannock County Public Schools
- Rappahannock County Sheriff’s Office
- Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Preschool
- The Arc of North Central VA
- The Child Care and Learning Center
- The Clifton Institute, Inc.
- The Warrenton Salvation Army
- Warrenton Lions Club Charities, Inc.
- Warrenton Middle School
- Warrenton Police Department
- Windmore Foundation for the Arts, Inc.
- Windy Hill Foundation
- Young Life