New Grants Announced: Call for Creative Solutions
The PATH Foundation is seeking creative proposals for projects that enhance outdoor public spaces through the installation of durable recreation items and associated programming and/or marketing that maximizes the use of the proposed recreation resources. Durable recreation equipment might include weather resistant concrete ping pong tables, corn hole boards, checkers tables, climbing boulders or other creative ideas.
Contact Senior Program Officer Andy Johnston with your idea before initiating your proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not expected that every detail will have been outlined in proposal submissions. Upon selection of a proposal, the PATH Foundation will work closely with a final respondent or respondents to finetune the proposed concept. Proposals are due Friday, March 16.
- Proposals will come from 501(c)(3) nonprofit or government entities. Collaborative efforts are encouraged.
- Interested entities will contact the PATH Foundation to share their basic idea before starting a proposal.
- Projects will reside in the PATH Foundation footprint (Fauquier, Rappahannock and/or northern Culpeper counties).
- The target population is the general public. The more people, of all ages, that would utilize the durable recreation items, the better.
- The location(s) of the equipment is easily accessible to the general public.
- Respondents will provide a maximum six-month project implementation timeline.
- Respondents have a general plan and the proven capacity to manage installation of equipment and to provide any ongoing required maintenance of equipment.
- An overview of any proposed programming focused on the equipment.
- An initial approximate budget not to exceed $50,000.
- For local government applicants, proposals will be consistent with the vision of the appropriate town or county body.
- Letters of support from collaborators will be provided.
- Respondents will provide letters of support from collaborators if applicable.
How to Apply
After contacting the PATH Foundation, applicants will be instructed how to access the online application system.
Timeline for Request for Proposal Process
|February 1, 2018||Request for Proposal Opportunity is Announced|
|March 16, 2018||Proposals are Due|
|April 6, 2018||Notify Awardee|
|May 2018||Finalize Scope of Work with Grantee and Complete Grant Agreement|
|June 2018||Grant Payment / Project Initiation|
Questions? Contact Andy Johnston, Senior Program Officer, at email@example.com or 540-680-4108